A survey by the online movie ticket vendor Fandango has revealed which films the US audience especially pleased this year. The big surprise is that almost all results match the blockbuster movies. Nevertheless, it is interesting to see which movies, superheroes, actresses and actors are in favor with the public.
10 Most Anticipated Films Of The Year:
The Gareth Edwards' Rogue One: A Star Wars story is the most anticipated film of the year 2016. It is likely to be not only due to the fact that JJ Abrams' Star Wars: Episode VII - The awakening of power is currently on everyone's lips and James Cameron's Avatar - Pandora at least might top the box office in the United States. In fact, the premise has paired with gifted cast consisting of Felicity Jones, Diego Luna, Ben Mendelsohn, Donnie Yen, Jiang Wen, Forest Whitaker, Mads Mikkelsen, Alan Tudyk and Riz Ahmed for a pleasant anticipation.
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (December 15),
- Finding Nemo 2: Finding Dory (September 29)
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24)
- Bourne 5 (July 14),
- Marvel's The First Avenger: Civil War (May 5)
- Star Trek Beyond (July 21)
- Independence Day: Resurgence (July 14)
- X-Men: Apocalypse (to May 19)
- Zoolander 2 (February 11)
- The Jungle Book (April 14)
Most Anticipated Superhero Of The Year:
Who would have thought that Wonder Woman the Merc with a Mouth steals the show?
- Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot in Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice)
- Deadpool (Ryan Reynolds in Deadpool)
- Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie in Suicide Squad)
- Aquaman (Jason Momoa in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice)
- Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch in Doctor Strange)
- Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman in Marvel's The First Avenger: Civil War)
Most Anticipated Actress:
Despite all the criticism, is Melissa McCarthy's appearance as a ghost hunter in Paul Feigs’ Ghostbusters Reboot the most anticipated performance of an actress this year.
- Melissa McCarthy (Ghostbusters)
- Scarlett Johansson (Marvel's The First Avenger: Civil War)
- Jennifer Lawrence (X-Men: Apocalypse)
- Emily Blunt (The Girl on the Train)
- Charlize Theron (The Huntsman & The Ice Queen)
Most Anticipated Actors:
Matt Damon's return to the role that made him a star, while the action genre coined, is the most anticipated performance of an actor in this year. Reynolds' Deadpool performance also stands out here even behind Will Smith's portrayal of Dead Shot in David Ayers Suicide Squad.
- Matt Damon (Bourne 5)
- Will Smith (Suicide Squad)
- Ryan Reynolds (Deadpool)
- Ben Affleck (Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice)
- George Clooney (Hail, Caesar!)