In Final Fantasy XV, each Royal Arm has unique move sets and status bonuses that will boost Noctis when equipped in combat. In contrast to normal weapons, they give you more attack power, but their benefits are on your health bar, which slowly decrease. In our guide, we will show you where to find the powerful Royal Arms in the huge game world of Eos.
Even if you don’t want to use the Royal Arms due to the health loss in the game, you should at least always equip them to benefit from the status bonuses. In addition, Royal Arms have the advantage of completely ignoring the damage resistance of enemies and causing full damage. For the collection of all 13 Royal Arms and the use of one, you will also receive the achievements and trophies of Faithful Heir (to unlock this you must collect all 13 Royal Arms) and The Power of Kings (you’ll get this when you activate Armiger for the first time).
The first seven Royal Arms you will get automatically in the course of the story and you will not miss them. The remaining Royal Arms are located in dungeons and royal tombs, which you must find yourself. But you don’t have to worry about missing them. You can also explore the game world freely after the end of the main mission and grab them.
However, remember that some Royal Arms are hidden in high-level dungeons that can have a level of 55. You can reach it before the beginning of chapter 9 (from here you leave the open game world to the end and you can only enter it after story completion), but this will be very difficult. We recommend that you bring these Royal Arms only after the end of the story. Tip: If you have problems with the difficulty, you can adjust this at any time via the game options to "Easy". In Easy difficulty you will not die)
The following YouTube video shows the locations of all the Royal Arms in Final Fantasy XV. You can find more information and the timelines below the video.
- Sword of the Wise 0:05: Get it automatically in Chapter 2
– Axe of the Conqueror 0:58: Get it automatically in Chapter 2
– Swords of the Wanderer 2:08: Get it automatically in Chapter 3
– Blade of the Mystic 3:26: Get it automatically in Chapter 4
– Katana of the Warrior 4:13: Get it automatically in Chapter 10
– Trident of the Oracle 5:29: Get it automatically in chapter 12
– Sword of the Father 6:21: Get it automatically in Chapter 13
– Bow of the Clever 7:20: In the Dungeon "Balouve Mines" (Recommended Level: 50)
– Sword of the Tall 9:39: Only at night In the dungeon "Costlemark Tower" (Recommended level: 55)
– Shield of the Just 12:09: In the "Tomb of the Just" in the open game world
– Scepter of the Pious 13:27: In the dungeon "Malmalam Thicket" (Recommended Level: 35)
– Mace of the Fierce 14:32: In the Dungeon "The Rock of Ravatogh" (Recommended Level: 30)
– Star of the Rogue 16:13: In the dungeon "The Myrlwood" (Recommended Level: 35)