PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds will soon receive its first major monthly update. In addition to performance updates, this includes motorcycles and a new weapon, which has become a favorite of many shooters.
The developers of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds promised daily, weekly and monthly updates. The latter should be the most comprehensive and, in addition to improvements, new content.
Meanwhile, it is known when the first major update comes and what it brings.
The first major update will be available on April 20, around 10:00. The maintenance should take about an hour.
In order for the patch to run smoothly, it will be available to play on the test server of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds the day before. So, if you want, you can get the new content immediately. The patch comes with the following:
- Better client and server performance through optimizations
- Average higher FPS and less lags
- Vegetation & object density for all graphics selections (to eliminate the advantages for low graphics options)
- New weapon: Vector .45 SMG, known and popular from Ghost Recon and The Division
- New vehicle: motorcycle with sidecar
- New items like 2x Aimpoint visor and ballistic mask
- Map markers are now visible to the entire team
- Crossbow was reintegrated into the game
- Now crouch also possible
- Sound optimized (shot and step noises)
Despite the patch size, the developers at Bluehole emphasize that PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is not yet fix all performance problems. Work hard to achieve as fast as possible a stable framerate for all configurations. However, server-side lags cannot be ruled out.