In XCOM 2, there are a lot of options available for you to create a best defense force / squad from your pool of soldiers. Different skills, upgrades and items can confuse you. Therefore, in this guide we give you tips on the correct compilation of your squad and we can find you the right mix of offense and defense.
General Tips to create best Squad in XCOM 2
- Fundamentally you should make sure to have one of each of the classes in XCOM 2 in your squad. So you can fight with more flexible and have more opportunities to react to enemy activity.
- Throughout the game you can unlock up to a maximum of six seats troops. That is, you can take away from some classes. Recommended are here the Grenadier and specialist. The Grenadier grants you more explosive power to harm the well-armored enemies later in the game. With a second specialist you can turn fully concentrate on the offensive, which is useful mainly against the biomechanical aliens improved later in the game.
- In levels without round limit is further reinforcement of alien units when you clean up the map or most enemies you killed. If your troop fit enough, continues to fight and take the extra experience points and items for your troupe. So you bring in each mission to get out the maximum yield.
- Set with the upgrades focus on research, which benefit all soldiers, not just one. This is especially true for technical upgrades. Concentrate here on the improvements for weapons and armor.
- You definitely will not just rely on a best squad. Reinforcement in the form of a second squad is quite advisable. Create with slightly different skills specialize to boast more variety in your Resistance Army and optionally replace members of your main squad if necessary.
- The PKS (Personal combat simulations) are useful upgrade items that permanently improve the attributes of selected soldiers. They are available in different types, each increase a specific attribute. So it is advisable as to give a sniper PKS to improve cognition. PKS get on the battlefield as loot of enemy bodies or buying on the black market against information.
- Keep your loadouts ready before the fight to the respective classes to give each class a grenade into the fight, is not necessarily advisable. Specialists give them Medikits and scanners, sniper benefit from different types of ammunition and Ranger are best supplied with additional armor.
Ranger for the best squad
Ranger specialize in mobility and melee. So You should be supplied with equipment that enhance their survivability, agility and damage effects. So give them with extended magazines, laser sights and PKS that will increase their chance to dodge. In this way, they can shoot more often before they have to reload their critical hit chance is increased and they can dodge attacks better. The Talon Munitions mod can further increase their additional critical chance.
Sniper for the best squad
With sniper you should definitely makes sense to focus on improving the target accuracy. So give them the best sights for weapons and corresponding ammunition mods. PKS, which are improving their accuracy and perception as important as armor-piercing ammunition.
Specialist for the best squad
The specialists you can either specialize as a healer or offensive fighter. No matter what you decide, PKS for a greater range of movement are recommended here. As a healer, you should of course give him Medikits, but also smoke grenades. Offensive specialists turn handle most with combat scanners, displays or stun grenades.
Grenadier of the best squad
The specialist for explosives should give your best grenades. Additional armor as the WAR suit and PKS for health also make the perfect tank on the front line. The low ammo their primary weapons like by corresponding Ammo mods. Since Grenadiers specialize in lowering the armor values of enemies, recommend additional armor-piercing ammunition and grenades acid.
PSI-soldier for the best squad
The PSI-soldier is a very flexible class and looks especially good as a mobile supporters for the squad. Smoke grenades and overdrive serum should not be missing in its inventory. The PKS for more mobility grants you always reach to use your psionic attacks.
Tips for playing XCOM 2
XCOM 2 Unlockable Items / Equipment
Dark Souls 2: Main Quest Walkthrough, boss fights, Locations, NPCs