Forza Horizon 3 is the latest entry in the popular simulation racing franchise. Unfortunately, the launch of the game does not run as smoothly as expected. On Reddit and the official game forum, the reports of stuttering, low frame rates, crashes when downloading or problems in online play pile. In our guide, we take the most common problems and error codes and give you useful tips to fix these common issues.
First of all, before you continue reading out solutions, please check out the official recommended system requirements for Forza Horizon 3 to eliminate most hardware problems in advance.
Operating system - Windows Anniversary Edition 64-bit 14393.101
Processor - i7 3820 @ 3.6 GHz
Graphic card - Nvidia GTX 970/Nvidia GTX 1060 or AMD R9 290X/AMD RX 480
Video-RAM - 4 GB
RAM - 12 GB
Hard Disk - 55 GB
Resolution - 1920 x 1080
Stuttering and Low FPS
If you already have the latest graphics driver for Nvidia and AMD installed and still experiencing stuttering or FPS problems, then following tips may help you to fix these issues.
- Go o the settings of your Xbox app and select the network tab.
- Tested here if your Teredo address is correct. You should also see here a warning.
- Follow the steps within the app to perform a clean installation.
Error 0x80073CF9: crash in Pre-Order Download
Some gamers complain about the error code 0x80073CF9 when downloading Forza Horizon 3. It will download only a part, and then it will crash. The following steps can help here.
- Press the Windows key and X, and then click Command Prompt (Admin).
- Respond with "Yes" to the "User Account Control" message.
- Start your PC and go back into the store. You should now be able to download the game again. Use the below commands.
net stop wuauserv
rename c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution softwaredistribution.old
net start wuauserv
If the commands don’t work, then you must restart your computer in Safe Mode and try again.
Error message 0x803f8001
This error message can also appear during pre-order download. In this case on Games-Xbox Live Games-Forza Horizon 3 or Forza Horizon 3 Deluxe/Ultimate Edition. In this Bundle you have to click on Forza Horizon 3 and download begin.
Error message 0×80070005
- Open "Run" using the search function (Windows key + R).
- Enter a% appdata%.
- Go up one level to the folder "Local", "LocalLow" and look "roaming".
- Open the "Local" folder.
- Search for the "Packages" folder and open its properties by right-clicking.
- Remove the checkmark next to "Read Only" and go to the "Security" tab.
- Click on "Advanced" and then "Add".
- Click on "Select a principle" and give a following, "Your Computer Name" \ Users \
- In "Your Computer Name" you enter what is under "From this location".
-Take over all changes and click OK.
Forza Horizon 3 does not appear in the Windows 10 App Store
It is possible that you have not installed the Anniversary Update on your PC and Forza Horizon 3 does not appear in Windows 10 Store. If the game still does not appear after the update, then you have to update the store and return. This makes it about the WSReset.exe.
Forza Horizon 3 does not appear in the Start menu
Check the App Store and go to "My Library". Under your account picture you have to click on Forza Horizon 3 and install it. Alternatively, you can select the Xbox app under the tab "My Games".
Network Problems - Online Game
Here you have to make sure that the necessary ports can be forwarded. Both through your firewall and through your router. The following ports are important for Xbox and Windows games:
Port 88 (UDP)
Port 3074 (UDP und TCP)
Port 53 (UDP und TCP)
Port 80 (TCP)
Port 500 (UDP)
Port 3544 (UDP)
Port 4500 (UDP)
List of all Forza Horizon 3 (FH3) Vehicles / Racing Cars
Forza Horizon 2: All Barn Finds Locations guide Xbox One/360
Pokemon Go: fix game won’t start, server issues and errors