Many PlayStation users are certainly moving directly to the new console with the release of the PlayStation 4 Pro. But how do you transfer your data from the old PS 4 to the new PS 4 Pro console?
There are several ways to transfer your profile and data from regular PS4 to the new pro. The easiest way to do this is through a direct transfer if you have both the old and the new console.
Just follow these steps to transfer data from the PS4 to the PS4 Pro:
- First, you establish a connection between both PS4 consoles over the same network. The best way to do this is to use a network cable.
- On your TV you should first switch to the PS4 Pro.
- Now both consoles need to turn on.
- In the PS4 Pro you look under Settings / System for "Transfer Data from Another PS4".
- Next, you simply follow instructions that appear on the screen. It says that you should press the power button of the old PS4, until it beeps.
- Now you get various options for data transfer; For example, if you don’t want to transfer all the data.
- The system asks if you want to transfer the active PS4 user accounts. If you have several accounts, you have to log into each one individually.
- Now the data transfer begins. It may be that the system asks you for your PSN password.
Alternative way to transfer PS4 data to the PS4 Pro:
Another possibility of the data transfer from PS4 to PS4 Pro is an indirect transfer. But you need an external storage medium with USB 3.0 and the exFAT format.
- First connect the storage medium to the old PS4.
- Search for "Backup and Restore" in Settings / System. Now select the newly connected storage medium as the target.
- Now you’re doing a reset at the old PlayStation 4 Settings / initialization.
- Now you connect the storage medium to the new PS4 Pro. Under Settings / System, choose "Backup and Restore".
- Then you need to restart the console. All accounts are deactivated first. So you have to log in again and you need the passwords.
- Finally, you must activate the PS4 Pro as the primary console.
Both methods take about an hour, depending on how much data must be transferred.
PlayStation VR: available multiplayer games, tips and features
PlayStation VR Fix common problems and errors
Simple steps to connect PlayStation VR to PC