Every few years or so some striking new artist appears on the music scene and commands the spotlight. Past few years I note a Lady Gaga seems to have been everywhere. We all know that Madonna and Britney Spears did what LG did already but this is a new generation and every generation needs a new Spin Off of those artists and this is her. She has captivated me like she has many others. She is most definitely not like any other artist currently making music. She knows how to play her cards and she's talented in what she does. If she keeps on going like this, I'm sure she'll become the new Madonna just because she's willing to experiment and create something more than catchy tunes.
If you expect to hear the exact same type of music that laced LG’s previous two albums, then you will probably be a bit let down with "Born This Way" as it has a variety of different songs featured on it. I always find it interesting when I hear a track and it's a little different than the last. It is a well-crafted, slightly bizarre European dance-pop album with heavy 80's and 90's influences. It may be a throwback to a great era in music while, but, "BTW" still retains originality.
1. The standard edition album starts off with the track “Marry the Night". It was written and produced by Lady Gaga and Fernando Garibay. A piano ballad with very soft and smooth vocals in its first few seconds and then turns into a thrashing electronic song. This one is growing on me a little. It is definitely a catchy single.
2. "Born This Way" lead single, which was written by Lady Gaga and Jeppe Laursen, and produced by Lady Gaga, Jeppe Laursen, Fernando Garibay and DJ White Shadow. You heard it, a great track with catchy lyrics, it has a bit more depth to it and there are several covers of this song as well.
3. "Government Hooker" was written by Lady Gaga, Garibay and DJ White Shadow, and produced by Lady Gaga, DJ White Shadow, Fernando Garibay and DJ Snake. I really like this track a lot; it’s a very catchy and haunting dance song with a great chorus and amazing thumping beat.
4. "Judas" was written and produced by Lady Gaga and RedOne. I find this track is more addictive. It is an up-tempo song with amazing vocals from LG.
5. "Americano" was written by Lady Gaga, Fernando Garibay, DJ White Shadow and Cheche Alara, and produced by Lady Gaga, Fernando Garibay and DJ White Shadow. This track is about gay marriage, with some Spanish lyrics over a Latin electronic beat.
6. "Hair" was written and produced by Lady Gaga and RedOne. This track has wonderful lyrics and everything about it fits perfectly, it is heavily influenced by 80s rock and clarence clemons' sax talents also feature on this track.
7. "Scheisse" was written and produced by Lady Gaga and RedOne. This track has an extremely catchy chorus with Euro Disco-influenced techno beats.
8. "Bloody Mary" was written by Lady Gaga, Fernando Garibay and DJ White Shadow, and produced by Lady Gaga, DJ White Shadow, Fernando Garibay and Clinton Sparks. It's one of those spiritual LG’s songs with catchy lyrics. It is dark and melancholy dance-ballad with LG's haunting vocals.
9. "Bad Kids" was written and produced by Lady Gaga, Jeppe Laursen, Fernando Garibay and DJ White Shadow. A great dance hit, amazing intro, great chorus with catchy lyrics.
10. "Highway Unicorn (Road to Love)" was written and produced by Lady Gaga, RedOne, Fernando Garibay and DJ White Shadow. Another dance hit, awesome beat mix harmoniously with LG’s voice.
11. "Heavy Metal Lover" was written and produced by Lady Gaga and Fernando Garibay. A smooth dance hit, I love the beat in this song and it's got a catchy chorus too.
12. "Electric Chapel” was written and produced by Lady Gaga and DJ White Shadow. It begins with a charming heavy metal guitar tune and develops into a steady thumping rock dance track.
13. "You and I" was written by Lady Gaga and produced by Lady Gaga and Robert John Mutt Lange. Another ear soothing song, which has soulful lyrics with beautiful piano works mix harmoniously with Lady Gaga’s voice.
14. "The Edge of Glory" written by Lady Gaga, Fernando Garibay and DJ White Shadow, and produced by Lady Gaga and Fernando Garibay. The album closes with this touching but upbeat track with catchy lyrics and a great inspirational melody, and Clarence Clemons played sax that add a unique texture to it.