The full version of the Star Wars: Battlefront 2 is available now. However, the PC users may still experience some issues due to the system they are using. But also bugs and errors make their game experience less enjoyable. In this troubleshooting guide, we tackle the top known SWBF 2 problems and solution. If you want to find out the SWBF 2 system requirements, then scroll down to the end of this article.
Error code 770 and 327
These error codes indicate that the EA server is overloaded. Just wait a while and then try to login again.
This can occur in different situations.
- Be sure to have the latest video drivers installed
- Disable the 4K interface in the graphic settings.
- Activate DX12 in the video settings and start the game
Missing DLL: Error: 0x7e
This error message is related to your Windows version and can be fixed with a Media Pack from Microsoft. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3133719/media-feature-pack-for-n-editions-of-windows-10-version-1607
Error Code 2495 - No Items Opening - Loot Crates / Reward Boxes / Loot Chests
This problem occurs on all possible rewards boxes in the game and there is no official solution from the developers for it yet.
SWBF 2 Crashes, Freezes, Hangs or Stop Working
On PC, a simple solution may be to move the "Battlefront 2" folder from your documents to the desktop. If that does not solve the problem, you can reduce anti-aliasing or disable ambient occlusion in video.
You can also try to fix it by deleting the Origin folder. You do this as follows:
- Log out of Origin and close it.
- Press the Windows key + R , enter the line % ProgramData% and click OK.
- Now open the Origin folder and delete all files and folders in it. You should not delete only the folder LocalContent.
- Press the Windows key + R again , type % AppData% and click OK.
- Delete the origin folder in the now appearing roaming folder.
- Click on AppData in the window above and open the local folder here.
- Delete the Origin folder again.
- Restart your PC and log back in to Origin.
Furthermore, some players complain about lags in the PC version or a never-ending loading bar. There are no fixes for this yet; you have to wait for a patch from the developers.
The Beta version of the Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (2017) (SWBF 2 / II) is live now and those who pre-order the game will be able to join this testing phase. During the beta, only minor bugs and errors have been reported so far. Even the freezes, crashes or hangs due to server overload are few. However, we have listed all known errors with instructions on how to fix them.
Download Does Not Start / Fails or SWBF 2 Not Showing Up
One of the most common problems associated with the beta version is that the game is not showing up. If you have purchased the digital version of the game, then you must download the beta manually from the respective store of your platform. It is about 15 GB in size and you can search the Library Catalog by title Star - Wars Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta. In the Xbox Store, you may find one such entry twice, but you can only download one.
If you have pre-ordered a physical edition of the game from a third party dealer, then you should contact him for the beta code. However, there are problems with some beta codes on all platforms. EA is aware of this issue and is already working on to fix it.
Multiplayer Mode of SWBF II Doesn’t Work (Group Formation, Invitation or Joining of Friends Doesn’t Work)
Many players have complained that they cannot create groups, join or invite friends into a squad. Annoying but there’s no solid solution for this problem yet. All you can do is restart the game and try it.
SWBF 2 Won’t Start / Open or Launch on PC
Regardless of the PC requirements, there are more problems on the PC version of the game. Try to start Origin as Admin. This is the only solution we can currently offer you.
SWBF 2 Crashes Constantly
This problem seems to be related to DirectX 12.
- Go to C: \ Users \ Your username \ Documents \ STAR WARS Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta \ settings \ and make a backup of the file before changing anything.
- Now open the file with the Boot Option or Profile Option and look for the entry GstRender.EnableDx12 1.
- Change the value 1 to 0 and then save the file
- Start the game again and see if the problem is fixed.
Error Code 721: Cannot Connect to the SWBF 2 Servers
This is a network issue on the server side. You can try restarting your PC and router. But if it still does not work, you have to wait for a fix from the developer.
Rey's Costumes from The Last Jedi is Missing or Not Available in the game
If you miss the Rey's costumes from Episode 8 The Last Jedi, then it's not just you. She can currently be played only in her scavenger costumes. This is a well known bug, which will hopefully be fixed soon.
Unable to Change the Settings for the view area (FOV)
You can fix this by modifying the configuration file.
- Go to the directory C: \ Users \ Your username \ Documents \ STAR WARS Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta \ settings \ and make a backup of all your files here.
- Open the Profile Options file and look for the GstRender.FieldOfView entry.
- Change this entry (e.g., GstRender.FieldOfView 1.5) until you are satisfied.
Also make sure that your PC is suitably equipped to run the SWBF 2. If you want to play the game with 120+ FPS, you should definitely meet the recommended requirements.
Operating system: Windows 7, 64-bit
Processor: AMD FX-6350 or Intel Core i5 6600K
Graphic card: AMD Radeon HD 7850 2 GB or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2 GB
RAM: 8 GB
Hard disk Space: 15 GB
Operating system: Windows 10, 64-bit
Processor: AMD FX 8350 Wraith or Intel Core i7 6700 or similar
Graphic card: AMD Radeon RX 480 4 GB or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3 GB
RAM: 16 GB
Hard disk Space: 15 GB