Fortnite Chapter 2 introduces a new weapon upgrade system; it is now possible to upgrade your weapons at weapons upgrade bench. You can also harvest materials by downgrading the rarity of weapons and use them to make better ones.
The exchange works this way:
- Gray to blue: 50 wood, 50 metal, 50 stone
- Blue to green: 150 wood, 150 metal, 150 stone
- Green to purple: 350 wood, 350 metal, 350 stone
- Purple to legendary: 550 wood, 550 metal, 550 stone
A surfer imagines the reverse process, which would consist in being able to collect materials while lowering the quality of your weapons. One could imagine that it would work completely in the opposite direction and that the price to get each material would be as follows:
- For 50 wood, 50 metal, 50 stone: change a weapon from gray to blue
- For 150 wood, 150 metal, 150 stone: change a weapon from blue to green
- For 350 wood, 350 metal, 350 stone: change a weapon from green to purple
- For 550 wood, 550 metal, 550 stone: change a weapon from purple to legendary
It would obviously be possible to use the weapons obtained at each elimination and to use them to have more materials!