In PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, you can use third party programes / shaders to improve graphics. These shaders are perhaps better known by Minecraft. The most popular shader is included in the Life in the Woods Modpack.
If you don’t like these shaders, because you find the hue is too pale or the picture is washed out, you can change these shader settings. The most popular shaders are currently SweetFX and ReShade. In this guide, we'll show you how to change the graphics of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds using ReShade.
Note: if you use ReShade, you will not be banned. The developers made this clear on Twitter:
ReShade is a free program. It is also available under Open Source, so you can download it on the GitHub website. You can simply download ReShade under reshade.me. In any case, take the latest version to avoid crashes. Under Games on the site you can find more games under which ReShade works.
- Use the following installation path: \steam\steamapps\common\pubg\TslGame\Binaries\Win64\TslGame.exe.
- Then click on Direct 3D 10+. Depending on the rendering API, however, it can also be OpenGL. If you don’t know exactly which programming interface you must specify, click first Direct 3D 10+. If it crashes, Uninstall ReShade and give OpenGL.
- Click Yes as soon as ReShade asks if you want to download some effects.
- Choose the effects you'd like to use. It depends on your personal preference. If you have no idea what you should click, we recommend AdaptiveSharpen.fx, HDR.fx and Technicolor2.fx for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. These three settings sharpen the picture. The stained standard Look Pubg is omitted. In addition, the game becomes brighter and less saturation.
- For a lighter image, you should select Vibrance.fx. LumaSharpen.fx is similar to AdaptiveSharpen.fx. Use only a sharp effect of both. But you can try it out. Clarity.fx makes your picture even clearer and can be used with a Sharpener.
If you now start the game, you have to open ReShade manually with Shift and F2. Here you can make further settings as well as shortcuts, which switch the effects individually or completely on and off.
- Click on the top right to create a new profile. Enter a name.
- With Toggle Key you can assign shortcuts for all effects. Click in the box and press the button you want to determine.
- Below you can choose more settings for the individual effects.
- Under HDR.fx, select the field and write 1.020.
- On Technicolor2.fx, you give Strength 0.600.
- Under Settings, you can change the keyboard shortcut for ReShade and assign one to turn all effects on and off.
- Under UsageMode, you should specify PerformanceMode at the end. If you change something, return to Configuration Mode.
- Click on Reload to close the window and play.
If you don’t want to play more ReShade, you can simply delete it. Just click on your Steam library. Right-click on Pubg and go to Properties. You can open it under the Local Files tab. Now go to TslGame - Binaries - Win64 (Or go manually \steam\steamapps\common\pubg\TslGame\Binaries\Win64\TslGame.exe). Delete everything except TslGame, TslGame_BE, and BattlEye in this folder.