Fortnite Battle Royale has just got a new free to play mode called Getaway, where your task is to collect jewels scattered across the map and getaway with them in strategically. In addition to the new mode, the game also received a set of quests, which unlocks a pickaxe.
- To start a match, first go to the main menu and from the game modes select The Getaway. Note that matches are for team of four players, but you can play with other unknown players.
- When the match starts, four safes will appear marked on the map, containing the jewels. Try to land into regions close to them and equip yourself with proper weapons to face the opponents.
- The locations will be marked by a smoke signal, and have an indication below the map, which shows if the jewel has already been collected.
- Open the safe to get the jewelry. A good idea is to protect yourself with constructions, since the goal of all players will be to take it from you.
- If you killed an opponent who has a jewel, then he will drop it and you can collect it normally.
- Keep an eye on the appearance of the getaway van on the game map. It will be marked, and usually centered. After collecting the jewel, your goal is to reach the van.
- You will need to build a ramp to get to the van. Opt for reinforced structures or they may be easily detonated by distant opponents and will result in a fatal fall.
When you get away in the van, you will receive a Fortnite win.
Challenges: High Stakes
Along with The Getaway mode, Epic Games has released a series of challenges called High Stakes, which can be accessed by all players in the game. Upon completing all three tasks (all related to Getaway mode), players will gain a pickaxe in the form of a crowbar.