Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links is now available for Android and iOS devices for free on Google Play and App Store. To help you get started, we have put together some useful tips and hints for you.
The following guide will help you improve your deck, improve your reward, and earn many Gems. For the latter, we have separate guide.
- Select character: At the beginning you must decide for a character. You can choose Yami Yugi and Seto Kaiba. But if you choose here, it is up to you. Both have a good ground deck, with which you can play without problems at the beginning. Kaiba has the strongest monster, the White Dragon. After you have decided for one of the two, you don’t have to worry about not being able to play with the other. You switch the other character to level 15. In the same way, you will be able to unlock more duelists, for example: Joey and Mai. If you are an ideal player, choose characters that have field skills. These include Yugi, Kaiba and Rex. The card decks can then be adjusted later, in order to be able to play their advantages properly.
- Tutorial: After the character selection starts the tutorial, where you can play a few trial duels. If you already have experience, then you can skip the tutorial.
- Rules for the simplified duels: In order to be able to play in the Duel World, the card game for the smartphone variant was somewhat simplified. You now have a card deck of 20 - 30 cards (40), on the field a maximum of 3 cards (5), 4,000 life points (8,000) and 4 cards on the hand (5). In the usual format, the values are slightly higher. The rules for the monsters, the trap cards and the spells remain the same.
- Build deck: It is good at the beginning that you have a lot of monsters with good attack values and / or have on your deck, and not so many magic and trap cards, as your card deck only slows down. If you have good monsters, then you can usually just overlap your opponent. You should therefore use a maximum of half the number of magic and fall cards, like monsters. For 20 monsters, there should be a maximum of 10 spells and traps. Later, you will have more cards and then a few more spells / traps will be used, which also makes the duel more complex, but in the beginning the monsters should direct your game. Note also that you are not playing more than 2 or 3 monsters that have five or more stars.
- However, spells are important: you should also add some magic cards to your deck. Try to have a good mix of offensive, reinforcement and support charms on your deck. This way, attack spells like Raimei can put pressure on your opponent while you cast your own monsters with reinforcement spells like Dragon Treasure (+300 Attack and Defense for Dragons). Support spells may be the most useful spells, but require some timing to make them effective. Block Attack and Stop Defense are very good examples of how spells can be used at the right moment, can bring your opponents into dire trouble.
- Case maps per situation: case maps are a little more situational. They can be used in very special cases. Therefore, you should have an inkling of what cards your opponent has on his deck.
- Rare: Rare and ultra rare cards are usually monsters with 6 or more stars. These cards are usually the pulling horses in your deck. However, don’t take too many of them as you will find yourself in situations where you have no summoning monsters in your hand. If you play them at the right moment, they can win the game for you. However, keep in mind that your opponent can easily defeat your very rare monster with the right monsters, spells, or traps if you don’t protect them properly.
- Gems: This is the currency in the game with which you can buy cards (booster packs) in the shop. You can get them in different ways.
- Exchange Duplicate Cards: Of course, you may also have doubles or cards. You can exchange them. When exchanging you will get no other cards, but gold or batches, stones and jewels. Go to the studio when you have decided to change. Which are your cards, you can see that they are colored. Now press the corresponding card and choose Convert. So, change this card and clear up in your deck.
- Make the duel quiz : If you have reached level 4, you get the task to complete the duel quiz. Do this in any case, as you will receive some great cards when you all finish. For example, you can get the block attack card. This is a Spell Card that forces monsters that are in Attack Position into the Defense Position.
- Level up also wants to be learned: You have a certain number of attempts or duels available. These are shown at the top of the screen on the left side. Therefore, every duel you play, consumes one of these attempts. If you climb a step, you will get back to it. So play all the duels before you level up, so you can enjoy everything.
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links - get more rewards
After each duel, you will get Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel left points. Almost every action is evaluated. So your performance is important for the score and the reward that awaits you. Per 1,000 points there is a reward for you. These can be gems, keys but also new cards . For what actions you get points, see the table below:
No loss of life - 500 score
+3,000 damage from a monster - 500
Tribute Summoning - 300
Special Summon - 100
5, 7 or 10 monsters destroyed -100/200/300
Played the magic card - 100 (one time)
Case card - 100 (one time)