Most recently, Motorola has introduced new cheap smartphone called Moto Z2 Play. The phone offers the user features of a top-of-the-line smartphone with the addition of Moto Snaps. It comes with Android 7 and has fingerprint sensor that accepts gestures. However, the battery disappoints compared to the previous version Moto Z Play released in 2016. If your in doubt whether it’s worth buying the to buy the Moto Z2 Play, then here are some positive and negative points / pros and cons of the handset.
- The Moto Z2 Play has a 5.5 inch screen, the same size as the iPhone 7 Plus, with Full HD (1080p) resolution. Size and definition are enough to watch good quality videos, as well as play games and surf the Internet in comfort. Smaller models usually offer worse experience in these activities.
- The panel resolution is not as high as 2K as on the Galaxy S8, but is consistent with its price range. The technology employed is the same Super AMOLED used by Samsung in its most powerful smartphones.
- One of the great quality jumps of the Moto Z Play for the current model is its internal storage capacity of 64 GB. In the predecessor it was about 25 GB available for use, the Z2 Play even offers more than 55 GB (minus the space occupied by the system). Therefore, the increase is 120%. The amount is enough to save an extensive library of apps, games and music without worrying about backup.
- If you opt for services like Google Photos, which saves unlimited photos and videos in the cloud for free, Moto Z2 Play storage becomes more than enough to keep even full HD movies alongside heavy games like Modern Combat 5 without headache. In addition, the phone supports a memory card up to 2 TB, further increasing its capacity.
- Moto Z Play is a handset already known for its fluid performance, and so should its successor. Z2 Play comes with a newer processor that promises to open apps and games quickly, without gagging, and still save energy. In addition, there is a significant increase in RAM, fundamental to avoid slowness in Android in the long run. The Moto Z2 play comes with 4 GB, 1 GB more than last year's model.
- Along with software without many modifications and properly updated, the smartphone tends to "age" with solid performance for more than a year. If you plan to invest almost $ 600 in a cell phone, that's a relevant point to consider.
- The Moto Z2 Play has a poor battery life than the previous model. Motorola has chosen to reduce the capacity of the battery from 3,510 mAh to 3,000 mAh, in favor of a thinner body, which impacted directly on the time the device lasts with a single charge. The Moto Z Play of 2016 easily lasted more than a day with heavy use, something that should not happen with its successor.
- In contrast, the body only 6 mm thick promises to leave the use of external battery case more comfortable. This is the case of Motorola's own option, which offers 2,220 mAh more charge in a compact module that does not leave the device as thick.
- Like Moto Z and Moto Z Play last year, the Moto Z2 Play has a considerable bulge in the rear camera. It is a design solution that serves to fit the Moto Snaps, but that damages the look and usability in some scenarios. The skipped camera makes it difficult to type texts with the phone on the table, for example. It can also make it easier to take risks.
- The handle is hidden when using a functional module or a Style Shell, which serves as protection for the aluminum housing. But if you decide to use Z2 Play without a cover, there's no way to hide the bulge.
- Although you can buy the device for less than the nearly $ 600 from the launch, the Moto Z2 Play is still an expensive device. It competes with last year's premium models such as the Galaxy S7 - it has a better-defined screen, compatibility with Virtual reality and the Samsung Pay virtual wallet. Another option is the Zenfone 3 Zoom , which has a giant 5,000 mAh battery and dual camera in the rear.
In addition, there are those who prefer to leave aside the generous offer of storage capacity of this generation and opt for Moto Z Play, cheaper and with more battery.