In Stranger Things video game (season one), you’ll encounter seven characters and they will automatically unlock as you progress with the game. However, to unlock Eleven you have to collect all the Eggo Waffles in the game and then must go to the door to the north of the map. Behind it is a chest that you have to open it to unlock Eleven. You can follow our guide to find the locations of all the Eggo Waffles here.
Below, you’ll find an overview of all seven characters and their abilities / skills.
Hopper - 1 damage and can be upgraded to 2 with Canadian Tuxedo. He has Super Punch ability with Extra Knockback and can charge at full health.
Lucas - 2 damage and has Wrist Rocket that can be used for range attack and does double damage when in full health.
Nancy - 1 damage and can be upgraded 2 with Aluminum Bat and 3 with Spiked Bat. She has wrist rocket that can be used for range attack and does double damage when in full health.
Mike - 1 damage, with his flashlight he can stun enemies. He can also travel fast and jumps over ramps with his bike. When in full health can do double damage.
Will - has 1 damage and can squeeze through pipes and increased movement speed and attack power with low health.
Dustin - 1 damage, with his pudding he can distracts enemies and the enemies drop hearts when the health is low.
Eleven - 1 damage, with her Pool Portal she can teleport between baths and does strong setback in full health.
All Upgrade Locations / Guide
In Stranger Things, you can find nine upgrades. Each character has at least one upgrade except Eleven, she cannot get upgrades. You’ll find these upgrade items in the game world and they will be available in the inventory as soon as you have collected them.
- Camo Backpack 1: This upgrade will increase the Lucas’ ammunition capacity by 25: To get this upgrade you have to give ultraviolet (UV) lens filter to Jonathan. You will find the filter in the east of the forest maze dungeon. Here there is an area with a fences and bear traps. You have to search and reach the control panel and then go east, the lens will be available when the bear has broken through the obstacle. Then Jonathan is in the southern exit of the forest.
- Camo Backpack 2: This upgrade will also increase the Lucas’ ammunition capacity by 25. To do this upgrade you must give Callahan the Blue Print for the Space Laser. The Blue Print is located in the Hawkins laboratory. You need Nancy and you have to hit the wall in the room, which is located in the northeast of the lab. Behind it is a small room with the Blue Print. Callahan can be found in the police station in the city.
- Camo Backpack 3: This upgrade will also bring Lucas additional 25 ammo capacity. For this you must find at least three lawn gnomes and open the first box in Phil Larsen's house. You can follow our lawn gnomes location guide here.
- Aluminum Baseball Bat: This upgrade will increase Nancy's attack damage / power by +1. You can buy the aluminum baseball bat for $ 250 in the Hunting and Camping supplies shop. You will find the shop in the north-east of the city center.
- Canadian Tuxedo: This upgrade will increase Hopper's attack power by +1 and the range of his charged attack. The tuxedo is in the garbage bin, just behind the librarian's house. The house is located in the northern part of Hawkins and you need to get through the pipe into that area.
- D-Cell Flashlight: This will double the duration of the stun attack of Mike. For this you have to find at least six lawn gnomes and open the second box in Phil Larsen's house.
- Lucky D20: This gives you critical strike with 5 damage but occasionally only. For this you have to find at least nine lawn gnomes and open the third box in Phil Larsen's house.
- Spiked Baseball Bat: This will increase Nancy's attack power / damage by +1. For this you have to give nails to Steve in the west of the forest maze dungeon. You will find them all in the west of the map in the cemetery. You need to get through the pipe south of Hopper's house. Go south to Jennifer's house and enter the cemetery to the north. Now, Nancy must remove an obstacle in the north of the cemetery to get to the nails.
- Lunchbox: This will increase Dustin's ammo capacity by 50. To get this, you have to find all twelve lawn gnomes and open the fourth box in Phil Larsen's house.