Payback, the latest installment in the Need for Speed (NFS) brings new type of cars called Derelict. There are five of these cars (Ford Mustang 1965, Nissan Fairlady 240 ZG 1971, Chevrolet Bel Air 1955, Chevrolet C10 Stepside Pickup 1965 and the Beetle 1963) that you have to assemble from finding derelict parts in Fortune Valley. These Derelict Cars can tune up to the maximum performance level of 399. You can also buy these cars from the dealers, but first you must find all Derelict car parts.
Each of these derelict cars contains a derelict chassis and four derelict parts (engine block, wheels and body parts A and B). In the game menu, you see the Derelict tab at the top right, where all your derelicts are listed. Here you also get hints on the locations of the individual car parts in the form of map. You can pin this on the playing map and then adjust the positions to determine the location of the derelict.
Please note that these cars are not available at the beginning of the game. You must unlock them by using derelict hints. These you’ll get from the league bosses in the game. So you have to complete your mission series and get a new derelict hint.
While you can easily get the derelict chassis, the derelict parts are always hidden in elevated positions, which you can only reach via a nearby ski jump.
- Ford Mustang 1965: You’ll get the derelict hint / notice after defeating the league boss La Catrina.
- Nissan Fairlady 240 FY 1971: You’ll get the derelict hint after defeating the league boss Udo Roth.
- Chevrolet Bel Air 1955: You'll get the derelict hint after completing the first set of Jess's runner missions.
- Chevrolet C10 Stepside Pickup 1965: You’ll get the derelict hint after defeating the league boss Big Sister.
- Volkswagen Beetle 1963: You’ll get the derelict hint after defeating the league boss Underground Soldier.