The latest DLC Not a Hero for Resident Evil 7 begins right after the RE 7 main campaign ends and you play as Chris Redfield. In our walkthrough, we want to guide you through the puzzles and give you some useful tips to help you prepare for the battles. In addition, we also show you how to get the cell key and the night vision device.
As Chris Redfield, you have to find and stop Lucas. You’ll find him in the salt mines where he also keeps three of your men, you need to help them to escape. Then follow the path until the turnoff, where you encounter the first Molded enemy. You have your weapons but the ammunition is scarce so don’t waste them here. You can simply walk past and lift these enemies off your back by keeping them moving.
Walk through the corridors until you reach a cave where you can access the platform via the iron stairs. Search the cave below, depending on the level of difficulty, you can find ammo or grenades. Go up the stairs and walk through the door. Behind it you will find two bodies, one of which is a missing agent.
Lucas has released poisonous gas into a small room and the filter of your mask cannot cope with this so you have to pay attention to your oxygen reading here. This means that you have to leave the room quickly. So follow Lucas through the door.
Your mission in "Not a Hero" is to find the three missing men - two are left, go through the next door. Behind it, your oxygen is in demand again, so be careful and do not try to fight the enemy in the corridor.
- At the end of the corridor you will find an elevator and of course you are not alone. Here you can still save ammo by pressing the button and luring the Molded away from the elevator until it is there and you can get in quickly.
- Once you are in the elevator, the spores evaporate and your oxygen supply is safe. Listen to the conversation between Chris and his contact, then you learn a rag over the current Umbrella situation.
- The elevator takes you to a cave that serves as your safe room. Here you can relax and plan your next steps. Next, you search the cave, because depending on the difficulty there is also ammunition to find here. A little further to the right of the red roller door you will find a barrel in a dark corner and on it the first antique coin.
- Use the chest to unpack unnecessary items, save the game and continue. You have three roller doors to choose from: the green, the red and the blue.
The Red Door
First, you have to walk through the red gate. Right behind you will find two barrels. Look behind them, because there is the second antique coin. Next you see the second missing man, who is locked in a cell. You need the cell key to free him. Continue to the elevator and head upstairs.
Get out and don’t bother about the locked gate in front of you, because it's a shortcut you'll open later. Run to the right and try to get rid of the enemy to search the cave in peace. If you want to save ammo, you don’t have to kill everyone - until there are few left over that you can dodge while exploring the room.
On the right in the room you will find the third antique coin on a sack by the barrels. Search the room further, because here you may find ammo and definitely two quest items, without which you can no longer play "Not a Hero". Also remember to open the wooden chests with the yellow ribbon with your knife, because inside these boxes you may find some helpful items.
- The gear lies on the rock behind the mining cart. You can also attach it to the device you find it on top of the hill. You won’t miss it as it is being irradiated by the lights.
- Now you need find a crank. Turn around to the yellow mining vehicle and look to the left of this on the barrels. Grab the crank and attach it to the device as well.
- Now you have to be careful with the enemy here as it is a new type of monster and you don’t need to waste your ammo on it. Here you need special ammunition that you will get later. Run away from the monster and lead it in a different direction. Then return to the center and grab the cell key hanging from the mannequin's hand on the yellow mine car.
- Now run back to the cell where the second missing man is trapped and open it with the cell key. Next, grab the high-efficiency filter off the ground and return to the big cave - your safe room.
- Now save your progress from "Not a Hero", see if you want to put something in the chest or take it out of it and it continues.
The Green Door
Find Night Vision Device and RAMROD - Locations Guide
Now go to the green door and walk through the open doors. You get into a gang that is full of spur and you can now go through them thanks to the high-efficiency filter. Follow the gait and you will find that one of the new monsters is lurking here again. Grab the grenade from the board or equip one. Hit the monster and it will fall over. Now you can run fast, because the special RAMROD ammunition is located in the premises behind it.
- Follow the passage until you arrive at a serving table. To the left of the white pouches lies the fourth antique coin. Grab them and follow the passage. Pay attention to the enemies here.
- You reach an area that is very dark. here you need the night vision device. A white monster appears again and you have to bring it down with a hand grenade or lure it away, because right in front of the dark area is a metal door through which you must go.
- In the room behind you finally find the night vision device and the anti-regenerative ammunition RAMROD. You have to be careful here, because you don’t have much ammunition. So, before you decide to shoot with the RAMRODS, there are two things to consider: is it really necessary? Can I kill it at once? The Good: One shot is enough to kill the white Moldeds.
- Search the room, because you might find something else. Now leave the room again and if you want to take the same route back, you will find that automatic turrets have been set up that will make your life difficult, but also easier.
- Next, we went to the right, into the dark tunnel, since we have the night vision device. Open the lattice door and knock in the wooden boxes. Then jump through the hole.
- Follow the passage until you reach the three switches, which you have to put in the right position. The arrows show you, which were painted on the elevator door further down the corridor. You can also read the order from the following picture.
- Once you have activated the power, you can go to the room and use the elevator. Don’t be too distracted by the little jumping monsters because they keep coming back. So get the elevator, defend the crawlers.
- Once at the top, you walk to the end of the corridor and grab the fifth antique coin from the barrel. Keep running down the corridor. Watch out for the automatic guns and the enemies. You should not destroy them, because if you run crouched, they will not bombard you will also encounter Molded enemies here - just lure them in front of the guns.
- Continue along the corridor and you will come to a door that you must unlock. Right behind, the next Molded enemies are already building up. You should eliminate them or at least let them go down so you can come over.
- Next you will come across three guns. The game suggests at this point to look for a safe way, but we first went to Safe room and is around the corner. With a grenade we managed to destroy the three guns then ran towards the base - but you do not have to do this at this point.
- Take the opposite direction, opposite the three guns. Keep following the passage and pay attention to the fact that another gun will surprise you on the way. Here, also you can bend and pass.
- Continue along the corridor and be prepared to run into White Molded enemies. As soon as you see a door with a red bright button at the end of a tunnel, you have almost arrived. From the corridor to the left there are many Molded enemies. So be careful and try to get past them to go through the door.
- Behind the door you can see some barrels and one of them is red. Of course, if you shoot the barrels, they will hurt the enemies, so use them to save your ammo and get rid of your persecutors.
- Follow the tunnel until you arrive at a grid. From this passage, two more corridors lead to the left. Take the first one, where you can see destructible wooden boxes. You have to pass them. The end of the corridor is a dead end, but you will find there on the left a lockpick and the sixth antique coin.
- Now go to second gear and continue. Use the red barrel to pass by and head to the door, which you can unlock now. Run through the other door and head to your safe room.
Blue Gate and Clown Key
Go through the blue gate now. This is where you’ll find your night vision device, which is located behind the green gate. Pay attention to the red dots on the floor. They mark active nerve gas traps that will slow you down. Don’t step on them.
First go to the area on the left and grab the bucket from the seventh antique coin. Walk into the tunnel and then into the corridor, where you will find a locked chest. Use your lockpick to unlock it. Grab the content and walk back to the main tunnel and then left again.
Be careful here, because the traps section starts - Lucas' realm. Dodge or squeeze between the laser beams and move. If you already see the gate, you should not run, because here you still expect a wire trap - just keep bend and move. Then press the button to the left of the gate.
Find the Clown Key and Get Rid of the Explosives Bracelet
Grab the cart and push it against the wooden barricade. Take care of the Molded. He will run towards you and explode. Don’t let it get that far. Shoot it or try to dodge in time. Now go into the uncovered corridor and push the cart in this order:
- Go into the room and turn right. Push the cart in front of you against the wooden barricade. Attention! You’ll encounter a Molded here.
- Go back to the car that blocks the front door and push it into the corridor you came from.
- Now you push the car with the balloons against the second wooden barricade, behind which are also balloons.
Behind it, a door is uncovered, so go through it. In front of you, you see a clown door and on the right a simple one. You have to go through it now. Behind it you can see the clown with the clown key on his hand. But before you grab this one, search the entire room. At the boxes near the clown you will find the eighth antique coin.
- Now grab the clown key, now a few Molded are crawling towards you - including a white Molded. Once you get rid of the opponent, you go right through the clown door - yes, you can now open all the clown doors.
- Go through the corridor and sneak around the laser traps. Behind the next door you will find the third missing man. Walk along the left side of the wall and move under and between the laser beams. If you have reached at the missing person, you cannot interact with him in any way.
- Follow the beam first to the wall where you can see a lever. With this you can disable the traps. Now you can go back to your chamber.
The Race Against Time
Before you go up the ladder, look in the chest on the far left. Here you will find the ninth antique coin. Grab it and go up now. Basically, all you have to do now is follow the path to your safe room. Pay attention to wire traps and the rushing Molded. You do not have much time and you should not waste it.
Once in your security cave, save it and grab at least all the boosters you can get for the coins. Save the game and go quickly through the red gate.
Not a Hero: The Final Showdown
Go through the red gate and then to the left. Here you’ll encounter many Molded enemies. Save the ammo and walk past them.
There, where you put the crank, is a clown door. You can now open these with the clown key. Go through (careful, white Molded) and through the other door. Here you turn left. If you pass the truck to get to liquid nitrogen, crate will fall down and the path will be blocked.
The Giant Molded Enemy
You will now be forced to fight a particularly large copy of Molded. In the first phase, it attacks you with melee attacks and spitting attacks. At the beginning, the monster is white, so you have to attack it with the RAMRODs. Shoot the giant until it falls to the ground.
Now go to the fallen chests and interact with them. Go to the barrels in front of you with the liquid nitrogen and hold your hand inside. The stopwatch disappears and you can move freely again.
Now you can explore the remaining areas that you have missed so far because you did not have a clown key. So go back to the big cave and from there again through the red gate.
- Go back to the clown door and through it and the next door. But this time you go to the right, around the mine vehicle. Look around here and collect everything. At the end of the path you will find the tenth antique coin.
- Now go back to the big cave and go through the green gate. Down there you will find another clown door and behind it loot.
- Once you grab everything, head back to the hall and use the clown key on the clown console.
Attention! Check your inventory and save the game before continuing.
- Now go up the stairs to the right and go through the yellow door. Grab all the items lying around in the room and be prepared for the worst.
- Now go into the next room. There you’ll encounter lots of Molded enemies, including Lucas. Don’t forget that you have grenades and don’t accidentally use your RAMRODs at the normal monsters.
- If you could assert yourself, then Lucas gets angry and he sets the countdown for the detonation. Now walk to the door through which you entered this room and look to the left of it on the floor. Here you will find a floor devise. Remove the gate and let it fall down.
- Follow the manhole and climb down through the next hatch. Lucas thinks you are dead. Now it's about finding and fighting him.
- Go through the gate and follow the passage until you go through a door that gives you the choice of choosing between two stairs. Don’t take the left, but the straight ahead of you. Now comes the moment of truth and you will learn some details.
- Turn left in front of the stairs into the door on the left. Check out the lab and when you're ready to dress in white molded go into the padded cell. Here you can make further observations and collect items. When you're done with it, Lucas's got it.
The Fight Against Lucas - Final Boss Battle
Now leave the room and search the corridors well. Sometimes there are ammunition and sometimes grenades. Keep going until you see Lucas through a window. On the left you see a door. Sneak up there and go into the room. Press the switch and now go to Lucas in the room. Run crouched, because here again a gun is placed.
The room is safe for you, so take your time to look around and collect everything. Check your inventory again, because here you will also find your chest. Save and set out to pursue Lucas. Pay attention to the gun in front of the door.
Behind the gun is a large room in which you will face Lucas. This fight is divided into several phases:
- Always focus your shots on the red spots on his body. Once you’ve weaken him enough, the creature stops. Go to it and work the swelling body zones with gunpowder.
- If he gets enough, then Monster-Lucas jumps onto the vehicle and initiates the second phase. Your filter cannot cope with the spores in the air and you now have to watch for your oxygen during the fight.
- That's not so bad, because there are oxygen tanks in the room. They are attached to the walls and light up green. The challenge is not to use them too soon, but on time. The tanks have to recharge and don’t provide a constant supply of oxygen.
Now it says again: all the time gunpowder in Lucas clean ball and hold out. Fill up with oxygen and hold on again. If you have taken down the Lucas, then you are through and can enjoy the end of "Not a Hero".