Many Pokémon Quest players wondering whether it would be possible to transfer their existing saved game data from Switch to iOS or Android and vice versa to have the greatest possible fun. Unfortunately, there are a few limitations.
At the moment it is only possible to transfer the saved data one-sided, because you can only send your saved data from mobile to mobile. An exchange from the switch to switch, however, it is not possible if the versions are not compatible. But it may also have something to do with the different prices of PS vouchers.
However, if you have a new mobile device and want to transfer the existing saved data, then we show you how it done.
For example, if you want to transfer your game data from iOS to Android (or vice versa), or just change your phone, but don’t lose your progress, you can transfer the saved data so you don’t start over. However, note that you lose the old access through the transfer and in the future can only play on the new device! If you are aware of this and want to continue anyway, you can proceed as follows:
- Start the app on the device on which you want to load the existing game.
- Even during the start screen, the Data Transfer button appears on the top right. Select this one.
- Here you have to enter backup ID and backup password. You will learn this in the app on the old phone.
- Start now Pokémon Quest on the previously used device and go to the game in the bottom left on the gear.
- Make a note of the player ID, which is located at the top right next to your player name.
Next you go to backup. Here you must enter the just noted ID.
- You will automatically receive the backup password that will be displayed to you. Also note this.
- Now you have player ID and backup password, which you both can enter on the new app in the new device.
The game would now automatically load the existing game. If that does not happen, you may need to reboot. Make sure that you have a good and stable internet connection.