Wolcen Lords of Mayhem's early access phase on Steam has started with the number of bugs. If you are experiencing freezing, crashing or not starting issues, then will show you the most common fixes here.
If you are having problems with the Wolcen, then you should check the following points:
- Start both the Steam client and Wolcen.exe in your game folder as an administrator. To do this, right-click on the corresponding .exe and select "Run as administrator".
- Delete the "profiles" and "shaders" folders from your "User" folder.
- Check your game files for errors. You should do this if the game crashes, objects are not displayed or are displayed incorrectly or there are problems with the graphic display.
How to check game files for errors can be found on the Steam support page.
- Make sure that you have installed the latest drivers for AMD / ATI , Nvidia or Intel to rule out graphics card problems directly.
- Re-install Microsoft VS Redistributable and then restart the PC.
- Avoid starting Wolcen if your PC is overclocked .
- Add exceptions for the Wolcen.exe or the Wolcen folder in your antivirus software.
- If nothing helps, you should reinstall the game. Make sure that the Wolcen folder has been completely deleted from the hard disk.
Fix Memory Allocation Errors
Warning: The following method can affect the performance of your PC and is therefore not fully recommended.
If you are getting the error message "Memory allocation errors," then you can fix this by increasing the virtual RAM of your PC. This increases loading times, but the problem can be solved.
To do this in Windows 10:
- Open the control panel on your PC.
- Select the menu item "System and Security" and then again "System".
- Then navigate to Advanced System Settings - Performance - Settings - Advanced .
- Click on "Change" under "Virtual memory ".
- Unchecked "Manage paging file size for all drives automatically" .
- Now click on the hard drive on which you have installed Wolcen.
- If the option "Size is managed by the system" should not be activated, this changes.
- Confirm the changes and restarts the PC.