In The Devil in Me you have the choice to save all your friends and unlock the Best Ending. In this short guide, we’ll show you how to save all of them.
- Take the inhaler and use it: When Erin in the Dark Room a man offers him an inhaler, be sure to Take and use it.
- Charlie in the basement with the janitor tied up: either you leave or you stay. We decided to "stay" at this point.
- Kate in her room: You talk to Mark about the amethyst and then put it away. Collect it again when you can control Kate again. This doesn't decide about your survival, but it makes later QTE events easier for you.
- The Silver Ash Institute: When Jamie yells to hide in the cupboard,
be sure to do so and select the Hide option. Otherwise,
- In the Incinerator: If Charles explores the basement, he will be locked in the incinerator. You have the option of either lift the grate or break down (Force) the door. Choose the Grate. It doesn't work right away and you'll have to try again. Again, select "Lift Grate" and don't let the end of the video sequence unsettle you.
- Kill Kate: Erin and Kate locked in the air chamber: Choose
to kill Kate here. However
- In the Garbage Disposal: Once you've completed all of the QTE events so that Charles didn't fall into the garbage disposal in the first place, you'll have to decide whether to go back or hide. The decision doesn't matter here, but the poor QTE events can kill you.
- Jamie should keep the screwdriver: When it comes to whether Jamie should keep the screwdriver or give it to Kate, choose Jamie to keep it.
- Jamie lures the killer into a trap: Once you have completed all of the QTE events, you must choose one of the two options. The decision here has no effect on your survival. If the trap should snap shut, you can also choose both options.
- In the glass room: Depending on who has the screwdriver here, who survives. If Jamie has the screwdriver, you can't press the red button. If Kate has it, you have to press the button.
- Complete the QTE events and choose to stay when given the choice to run. After that you can decide again whether you run or hide. Choose Hide and Pass the QTE events. If you make other decisions, you have to pass more QTE events.
- Fight on the roof: If you don't manage to press all the buttons in time, the killer threatens to push Kate off the roof. If you can ask Jamie for help, then choose to run. Otherwise, Jamie dies while Kate is able to survive the fall.
- In the barn: After you get the barn door closed, you have the choice to lock it or run away. Choose run here.
- On the jetty: If you, as
- Fight on the boat: it doesn't matter whether she jumps or attacks because she ends up in the water either way. Pay attention to the QTE events.
- The killer threatens to kill Mark on the boat: If you, as Kate, have to decide whether you want to jump off the boat or help Mark, then you can choose freely. Mark will not die from this decision alone. With the pepper spray and the fulfilled QTE events you are on the safe side anyway.