It doesn’t take too long to bump into the first bugs in Kingdom Come Deliverance (KCD). While some are still quite entertaining, it can be quite exhausting in the course of many stories, if the game crashes and lags regularly or it doesn’t start. After all, there are some fixes to a few problems and it remains to be seen what else will be fixed with the upcoming patches.
- Game Activation Errors on Steam: You already supported KCD in advance through Kickstarter? Commendable. But be careful, because it can cause problems if you want to use the full version and not the beta anymore. Delete the beta version from Steam so that the installation works smoothly. You also need to connect your KDC account to Steam. If that doesn’t work, change the browser - for most users Internet Explorer works here.
- Sound Problems: It often happens in Cutscenes that the conversations are so quiet that you can only rely on the subtitles. Go into the sound settings and adjust the call volume slightly upwards. Normal conversations are louder than usual. This may fix with the a patch.
- NPCs Cannot be Addressed: Stay here a little persistently and try a few times in a row. At some point you will be heard!
- Henry Glides Firmly: Especially annoying if you have not saved for a long time. Unfortunately, no solution has been found here and you cannot avoid a restart of the game. So always have plenty of rescue / saviour schnapps, so you don’t have to restart the game too far back.
- Screen Freeze: Many players complain that the picture gets stuck in different places and simply stops moving. Screw around at the graphics settings, because there is no perfect solution. An annoying Trial & Error is the result, until you reach the settings in which it does not happen anymore.
- General Graphics Problems on the PC: Again, you can try around the settings. But also make sure that your graphics driver is up to date and is looking for updates accordingly.
- Quest Bugs: Annoying, if you just cannot get ahead due to game bug, unfortunately there’s no solution for this issue yet. Sometimes restart helps.
- Combat Problems: You may not do any damage in combat or simply not hit your opponent. In addition to the restart, there is another solution that often helps: before you start the fight, go into your inventory, remove all your clothes and weapons and then try again.
- Saving Doesn’t Work: Not in every bed, while sleeping, is also saved. Pay attention to the fact that you lie in the right bed, the left bed belongs to the miller. In Giving, the game only saves when you have rented a room. You can also check out our guide on how to save your KCD game Infinitely.
- KCD VR (Virtual Reality) Support - There is no VR support yet.
- Horse Has Disappeared and Does Not Show Up Anymore - If you press the button to call your horse a little too long, it can disappear and not appear at all. This glitch seems to be more common on the console version. You have to buy a new horse for it to work again. Unfortunately, there is no other solution yet. If you don’t have enough groschen, then you can read our guide on how to earn groschen quickly or get a horse from the dealer in the south of Uzhitz.
The cheapest horse here will cost you about 100 groschen. Note that you cannot call your horse if you have stolen it. If you know that you can also buy The Witcher's horse?
- Maximise the PC Performance (Optimize CPU Usage) - The game doesn’t use your CPU properly. However, you can change that yourself by opening the task manager by pressing CTRL, Shift and ESC at the same time. Under the Processes tab you will find all your cores and how they are used. If a core runs at 100 percent, continue as follows.
Look for the game here and right-click on it.
Select Switch to Details.
With another right-click on the game in the new tab you will now find Set affinity.
Choose here the cores that have reached 100 percent.
Confirmed with OK.
Now select 'Set affinity' again and activate all cores again.
Note: Once the game is closed, all these settings will be gone and you have to repeat the whole thing again.
- Increase FPS / Disable V-sync, even during cutscenes - Especially older PCs have problems with KCD. The FPS lock during the cutscenes is 30 FPS. You can still increase this number.
Make sure the game starts in full screen and is up and running.
Close the game and create a file in the games folder. You can find this by right-clicking on KCD in Steam and selecting Properties.
Search here in the tab Local Files for Browse Local Files ....
So put here a new file called user.cfg .
Open it with a right-click and select the text editor as a program, with which you want to open the config file.
Now enter the following line:
r_Vsync = 0
sys_MaxFPS = 144
Saves the file and opens the game.
The first line turns off V-sync ! While a 1 instead of a 0 activates this function. The second line limits the maximum FPS to 144. Here you can also enter 60 or 120. Search for processes after the game and right-click.
- In addition, KCD doesn't seem to work with memory and distribute it properly. That's why you should try the following:
Right-click on KCD in the Steam library and select Properties.
Now press Set Launch Options ... and enter here: heapsize X
For X, enter the number of your memory. The following table shows the correct numbers. The game now takes all the memory and splits the performance under the GB. Don't enter here more than you actually have, because the performance can be reduced.
4 GB (ram) - 524288 (X)
6 GB - 786432
8 GB - 1048576
12 GB - 1572864
16 GB - 2097152
24 GB - 3145728
32 GB - 4194304
- Textures are Not Loaded - To solve this problem, you need to operate the console of the game. Open KCD and open the console with ~. Type here: r_TexturesStreamingMipBias -3 . Confirm with Enter and close the console again with ~.
- Skip Intro Video: Search the game folder for the \ Data \ folder. For example, you can find it here: C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ KingdomComeDeliverance \ Data \ . Open the file ipl_videos.pak with a zip program like 7-Zip. Go to the Videos folder and rename the intro.usm file. You can also delete them - but you should copy them off somewhere else in case of problems.
The minimum system requirements are not that demanding, therefore, the game should run on an older computer that has a year or two under its belt. But to run the game at optimal performance, you should meet the recommended system requirements for your PC. We have compiled both versions clearly for you:
Minimum System Requirements
OS: Windows 7
Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3 GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 940
Random Access Memory (RAM): 8 GB
HDD: 40 GB
Graphic Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 or AMD Radeon HD 7870 (DirectX 11 compatible)
Recommended System Requirements
OS: Windows 8, Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 3.4 GHz or AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz
Random Access Memory (RAM): 16 GB
HDD: 40 GB
Graphic Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon RX 580 (DirectX 11 compatible)