Fallout 76 is the ninth and the latest installment in the popular action roll playing game series. It is an online multiplayer game that allows you to play with up to four other players but you can also play solo. In this guide we’ll how the Fallout 76 co-op / multiplayer works.
- As we mentioned above the game allows you to play a maximum of 4 players together in a team.
- In order to add your friend, you have to search him in the social menu. Then you join his server.
- When you join his server, you will not begin the game with him, but at the point when you've clicked Join. Here, you can use fast travel to reach your friend, it is free and does not cost any bottle caps.
- If you have built up a camp, it will be teleported to your friend and will then be at the point where the camp was also at your server.
- There is no friendly fire. So you won’t be able to trouble your friends in the team. However, friendly fire is disabled once a bounty on a team member is exposed.
- Friends can revitalize you. But they need stimpacks.
You can also carry out quests with your friends but if you complete a task then the rest of the team must also go to the terminal, the note or the audio tape and the quest items are individually accessible and retrievable for each. You'll also see friends' open quests on the right edge of the screen.
If you have already completed a quest and help your friend to complete his tasks, for this you will not receive any rewards. In time, you should rather explore the area for water or food.
How Perks and VATS Works in multiplayer?
The Perk system has been redesigned. Now you have perk cards. If you take them from packs and have no use for them, you can even trade them with friends in the team. If you are traveling alone, but you have active perks that only work when exploring the wastelands with others, you should know the following: Perk cards can be changed at any time. Make sure that you have always equipped the best skills for the situation.
VATS is not like Fallout 4 anymore. Due to the online function, time cannot be slowed down. That would mean that it would be the same for all players on the server and therefore slowed down accordingly. For this reason, the VATS is modified to show in real time what the hit chance is on an opponent. On the PC, press Q, on the Xbox LB, and on the PS4 L1 to activate the firing mode.
Once you activate the VATS, your friends will not see it. Also, you should only use the feature if you have to shoot at NPCs. As soon as a human opponent jumps, the VATS is unreliable.
How does PvP work in Fallout 76?
In Fallout 76, you are safe until level 5 meaning that you cannot be killed by other players. Until then, you will not be harmed.
If you have built a camp and a chest, you have to keep your things in it. If you are killed now, you cannot only spawn at the camp, you also lose what you had with you. And here you do not lose everything. For example, if you have 10 screws in your inventory, only 3 of them go flutes, which the killer can then pick up. Among other things, weapons are always in your possession.
If a PvP player has entered in your camp and wants to grab your material, he has bad card. As soon as he looks into your inventory, he sees his materials. So, if you no longer have a bottle cap to build a camp, you can just use the inventory of other players - if they let you into the camp.