In Fortnite Battle Royale, the Ice Storm Challenges are live. In the third day event you have to find and destroy 20 of Golden Ice Brutes in one day.
In this guide, we’ll give you some useful hints to find and destroy Golden Ice Brutes most effectively.
These creatures are the most rare and dangerous type of enemy of the ice storm event. Not only they can take a lot of damage before they die but also they are extremely hard to locate.
The golden brute appears near the crystals like all other enemies, but their chance of appearance is much, much lower.
You will need determination and patience to successfully kill 20 as part of this challenge.
Hint: Golden Brutes appear more often at the end of the game, try to stay alive for as long as possible while staying in an isolated part of the map to eliminate zombies as long as possible. The crossbow will be your best ally in this task since it kills the zombies effectively and silently, reducing the chances of attracting other players.
The following tactics can be used to perfect the waiting for the monsters.
- No matter which way the bus goes at the beginning of a match, it always lands at Frosty Flights.
- Now loot boxes until you find the crossbow.
- That can take up to 5 boxes - the crossbow can also be found on the floor as loot.
- Armed with a crossbow, it's best to get into the plane now.
- Fly towards the circle.
- Find a point at the very end of the circle, preferably at the edge of the map, and wait there.
- Wait until the second circle starts to get smaller.
- As you fly past the ice shards, you turn the camera and check to see if a Golden Brutes has spawned.
- They are clearly recognizable because they are surrounded by a purple aura.
- If you fly about 100 meters away from the ice shards, the zombies will disperse.
- If you fly back, new enemies will appear.
- With this tactic, you will fly until you find a Golden Brutes.
If you have discovered a Golden Brutes, you land, unpack the crossbow and fight your opponent. You need to shoot 14 to 17 bullets before it is destroyed. Once the enemy is done, go back to the plane and back to the tactics.
Fly to an ice shard and watch in passing if there is a golden brutes. If yes, land. If not, continue flying to the next shard or 100 yards away for new zombies to spawn.