Football Manager (FM) 2020 is expected to be available later this year. While there is no definite release date yet, FM could probably be released together with Google Stadia, Google's video game streaming service, on November 19, 2019.
New Features Available in FM 2020
The biggest new feature in FM 2020 is the more advanced side of the Training Center. This will allow you to:
- Develop your future stars by giving them advice
- Categorize your recruits
- Manage their training
- Manage their calendar
- Set up the tactics that you want them to play, player by player or for your entire team, all this will be left to your good will.
- You can also let your staff to take care of the training center.
The next main new feature that we want to mention is the arrival of an Identity system for the club that you decide to manage. This system will have the following:
- Your goals that you will set in long terms
- Transfer them to perform
- The style of play you want to develop
- Your results in competition over several years.
Once the long-term goal is set, you will be judged not only on your performance, but also on your ability to achieve the necessary steps to fulfill your goal. Don’t worry, all this will be shown in the pre-season tutorial.
Another new feature is the playing time. During your contracts, you have the option to set the playing time that you intend to let play the players you want and so the passage that saves money for other contracts.
Finally, your technical staff will be greatly enriched with new positions for them. All of your staff will provide tips on how to manage the club's teams and give you valuable information about players on your team and those you have asked them to follow for future recruiting or potential recruits.